Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto Rp: How it works

:: Roleplaying :: Anime

Go down

Naruto Rp: How it works Empty Naruto Rp: How it works

Post  Mizo Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:36 pm

Introduction

Howdy friends! So I've been concocting a naruto rp that is both accessible and deep enough for us to really get our teeth into it. Hopefully I've made something worthwhile. It does require though a brief explanation. I URGE YOU TO READ ON! This isn't a bunch of numbers and calculations it's more a fleshing out of the system, argh, system, thats a bad word. It's not a system, it's a way of rping, or a way of the ninja if you will. I will go through it a step at a time.

How many characters can I have?
You can have two characters, yes, two! One must be a genin and the other can be any rank under the sun. Be aware though that these characters will need to be fleshed out and have a point to them. Most of the time it would be good for someone to have a jounin character in order to lead your team of genin or someone elses. I'm aware people would like a strong character from the beginning and I hope this caters to them.

You may also create an unlimited number of NPCs. These characters can be picked by people to have, maybe on their team, or tutor them or be their jounin etc. You will no longer own the character however.

The Character Sheet Explanation

Description

Name Simple enough, your characters name, have the clan name before the first for authenticity Wink
Age: Most Academy students will graduate around age 12, so your characters can be that or anything above
Village: Iwa (rock), Konoha (leaf), Kumo (cloud), Suna (sand), Kiri (mist). You could be from one of the smaller villages but you might be alone

Physical appearance: Give us a decent run down of your character. Clothes, armour, where do they wear their tool bag? Scars? Particular stance? If you have a weapon explain it to us etc
Eye colour:
Hair style/colour:

Bio

Personality: I know we're not all psychologists but you know people and how motivations work. Give us an explanation of how they react to things, so we can rp better along side them. Be aware that if you don't roleplay in the way you describe your character then you'll get marked down. Flesh out these characters guys, let's make this interesting.
History: Doesn't have to be massive, most of us are going to be young to start with anyway. However let's still have some realistic pasts, yano, why are our characters the way they are? For your older characters it still doesn't have to be massive, because i know that can be ever so laborious. Just let us know what the guy has been up to.

Last edited by Mizo on Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Mizo
Mizo

Awesomeness
Awesomeness:
Naruto Rp: How it works Left_bar_bleue1/1Naruto Rp: How it works Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Naruto Rp: How it works Empty Re: Naruto Rp: How it works

Statistics

This is where it gets interesting and different from other Rps. We will have a set of stats that explain our characters strengths and weaknesses. These stats are RELATIVE. When you fight someone look at their stats compared to yours and rp accordingly. If someone has a higher speed, they are going to hit you, you are going to miss. It doesn't mean your going to miss everytime, just more often than not. If your chakra control is low you aren't going to be pulling off rasengan all of a sudden. If your stamina is low you not going to be blasting hundreds of fire balls. Rp to your stats and to your opponents that is the art of this rp. You start with 60 points. However you cannot go over 20 in any one stat. So you can't put all 40 into strength. Each stat must have at least 5 points in it, except chakra control, which you can leave at zero, but also use those points to go over 20 in either strength, agility or a weapon. Also you dont have to have 5 in a weapon and can use those points for any stat.

Base Attributes

Strength: This is your raw psychical might. How hard you hit, what you can lift. Rock Lee would have high strength. /100
Agility: This is how agile you are. How quickly you run, your acrobatic skills, whether you dodge. Rock Lee again would have high agility. /100
Tools: This is your skills with Kunai, shuriken and other small ninja tools. Tenten would have high Tools. /100
Chakra Control: This is how well you manipulate the chakra around your body for justus and walking on water etc. /100
Stamina: This is how much you can take, whether you go down after a punch, or how many justus you can blast out. /100
Weapon Name of weapon: This is your skill with a particular weapon other than tools. Swords, polearms, axes etc

Skills
You will have a seperate set of points for these. They are called SP, skill points. You start with 40. Everything must have at least 10 in it except Nin and Gen which can be left empty. This is to cater to our rock lee characters. So all those points can go into Taijustu. Make sure you make these fit your base attributes!!!

Ninjustu: This is how skilled you are in Ninjustu. Bare in mind, without a high chakra control you wont be very good in Ninjustu. /100
Genjustu: This is how skilled you are in Genjustu. Bare in mind, without a high chakra control you wont be very good in Genjustu. /100
Taijustu: This how skilled you are in Taijustu. Bare in mind, without a high strength and agility you wont be very good in Taijustu. /100

You will be awarded both SP and normal points for a variety of things. Battles, good posts, achieving goals etc. When putting points into your stats follow this system. From 0-40 it costs one point to raise the stat by 1. Understand? If i'm given 20 points i can raise my [Strength: 10] to [Strength: 30]. Simple yea? When you reach 40 in a stat, it costs 2 points to raise that stat by 1. So i'm awarded another 20 points, my [Strength: 40] can be raised to [Strength: 50]. See? When you reach 70 it costs 3 points to raise a stat by one. 90 onwards is 4 points.

What about my secondary character?

Well going off ranks;

Chuunin: Start with 100 points and 90 SP. Their stat cap is 50. 50 Justus.
Jounin: Start with 200 points and 150 SP. Their stat cap is 70. 100 Justus.
Missing Nin/Sannin/Special Jounin (basically anything higher than an average Jounin): Start with 250 points and 160 SP. Their level cap is 90. 150 Justus.

Last edited by Mizo on Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:25 pm; edited 7 times in total
Mizo
Mizo

Awesomeness
Awesomeness:
Naruto Rp: How it works Left_bar_bleue1/1Naruto Rp: How it works Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Justus

You start with 12 justus, plus the 3 basic ones. Use the same layout as I use for them. Of course you may change the basic justus to fit your village but they can't be anymore powerful, for example Bunshin clones turn to water etc. If you can't make up 12 justus or 150 for the higher ranking characters you can simply come up with a justu in battle. Send it to me via PM and i will judge whether it is usable and not godmodding etc. You can then add it to your characters list of known justus.

Basic Justus

Name: Bunshin no Justu (Clone technique)
Description: The Bunshin technique creates a copy of the ninja without substance. The copy resembles the ninja in every way. This clone can function as a distraction or as means to confuse one's opponent. As soon the Bunshin gets attacked or comes into contact with an opponent, it will disperse.

Name: Kawarimi no Justu (Change of Body Stance Technique)
Description: When in danger the ninja will quickly substitute themself with another nearby object. This can be a block of wood or even another person. This allows the ninja to quickly flee and hide while the original object takes the brunt of their opponents attack.

Name: Henge no Jutsu (Transformation Technique)
Description: Henge allows the ninja to transform themselves into any person or object. This allows the ninja to move with stealth or to trick their opponents.

Last edited by Mizo on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mizo
Mizo

Awesomeness
Awesomeness:

Back to top Go down

Post  Mizo Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:49 pm

Code:
[b][u]The Character Sheet[/u][/b]

[u]Description[/u]

[b]Name[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Village:[/b]

[b]Physical appearance:[/b]
[b]Eye colour:[/b]
[b]Hair style/colour:[/b]

[u]Bio[/u]

[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]

[u]Base Attributes[/u]

[b]Strength:[/b]  /100
[b]Agility:[/b]  /100
[b]Tools:[/b]  /100
[b]Chakra Control:[/b]  /100
[b]Stamina: [/b] /100
Weapon [i]Name of weapon[/i]: /100

[u]Skills[/u]

[b]Ninjustu:[/b]  /100
[b]Genjustu:[/b]  /100
[b]Taijustu:[/b]  /100

[u]Justus[/u]

[b]Name:[/b] Bunshin no Justu (Clone technique)
[b]Rank:[/b] E
[b]Description:[/b] The Bunshin technique creates a copy of the ninja without substance. The copy resembles the ninja in every way. This clone can function as a distraction or as means to confuse one's opponent. As soon the Bunshin gets attacked or comes into contact with an opponent, it will disperse.

[b]Name:[/b] Kawarimi no Justu (Change of Body Stance Technique)
[b]Description:[/b] When in danger the ninja will quickly substitute themself with another nearby object. This can be a block of wood or even another person. This allows the ninja to quickly flee and hide while the original object takes the brunt of their opponents attack.

[b]Name:[/b] Henge no Jutsu (Transformation Technique)
[b]Description:[/b] Henge allows the ninja to transform themselves into any person or object. This allows the ninja to move with stealth or to trick their opponents.
Mizo
Mizo

Awesomeness
Awesomeness:

Back to top Go down

Post  Mizo Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:01 pm

Kekkei Genkais

Right, I'm aware people are going to want one, hell I'm having one. For people who want bloodlines from the manga/anime then you must start with it being weak. For instance a genin Uchiha wont have full tomoes and all the skills the sharingan brings. You probably wont have awakened it yet. You wont be able to copy justus, but you can have benefits from it like being able to see through clones. Anyway, in the character creation part you character will be judged and I will say whether your characters abilities are ok. So activating the sharingan will be a justu etc

Creating a Kekkei Genkai

Most of the same rules apply to user created bloodlines. However there is a separate trial you must go through to use that bloodline. Here is the sheet to use to create a bloodline.

Name: What's the name?
Role: Are they the police or your village? Medics? Or just military?
Village: Which village to they call home?
History: How did they come to be? Do they have rivals? You don't need to know exact history, just give us an overview.
Aspects: This is things like the Uchiha's having black eyes or any personality traits, etc.
Bloodline ability: What does the bloodline do? How does it develop?

Justus

Give us an example of what type of Justus the clan uses.

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b]
[b]Village:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Aspects:[/b]
[b]Bloodline ability:[/b]

[u]Justus[/u]
Mizo
Mizo

Awesomeness
Awesomeness:

Back to top Go down

Post  Mizo Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:33 pm

How to win a fight!

Well thats simple, first to three. Well, what will happen is a judge will grade your first fighting post, you must wait if you are the opponent for a judge post! Your score sets the bar, if your opponent scores higher than you in their next post, they win a point, if your score is higher than theirs you win a point. When the original poster posts the next step of the fight the process begins again, however, if the person who lost the first round wins, they take the point off their opponent. Then its first to three! The person who wins gets to make a finishing post where they beat their opponent, probably unconcious, you CANNOT kill someone unless they state u can. There will be specific times when if you enter a fight with someone, maybe an NPC, that if you lose you will die, so be careful. If you want to run from a fight, you'll have to score atleast your opponents previous score -3. Got it? Good.

DO NOT POST HERE
Mizo
Mizo

Awesomeness
Awesomeness:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down